Community Forum

Bridge mode speed issues

buzzaard192
Regular Visitor

Bridge mode speed issues

I have a gigabit connection, and if bridge mode is disabled, I see close to gigabit speeds (914/43).  As soon as I enable bridge mode and restart the modem, the speed is significantly reduced, getting around 500/43.  As soon as I disable bridge mode and restart, the gigabit speeds return.  The only other thing that changes is my external IP address: bridging disabled = 73.172.x.x / bridging enabled = 69.250.x.x

Any ideas what is causing this significant speed drop?  All downstream equipment remains exactly the same in both configurations.

Thanks in advance.

EG
Expert

Re: Bridge mode speed issues

FWIW, this is a known issue. Probably a firmware bug.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
buzzaard192
Regular Visitor

Thanks - I agree, and for anyone else finding this, I contacted support and requested th XB7 modem, citing the possibility of the XB6 modem having a firmware bug in bridge mode.  I received the XB7 modem and my speeds are what they should be in bridge mode.

EG
Expert

Glad you got it sorted out !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!