Community Forum

Battery model for Arris TG1682G Router/Gateway

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Battery model for Arris TG1682G Router/Gateway

I would like to get a battery for my Arris TG1682G router gateway.  What is the battery model I should get?

Thanks,
Michael

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Battery model for Arris TG1682G Router/Gateway

See this;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-a-new-battery

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Just an FYI, the battery will only keep your phone service running, not the internet. If you want both running in event of a power outage, you'll need an Uninterruptible Power Supply. (UPS). 

I have one of these on my XB6 gateway and my cordless phone base. 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I just got this modem myself, as a replacement, and want to get a battery. Thanks for the link to that xfinity support doc, @EG . It gives the price for the battery as $165! Ridiculous even for Comcast; might as well spring for a UPS. Especially since Arris lists the price as $60. If they had any in stock, which they don't. Wonder who bought 'em all. Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Expert

Your welcome ! Dead tread from last year now being closed.