JOHN_BROWN's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 11th, 2019 4:00 PM

Closed

Authentication Error 10.0.0.1

I am receiving an authentication error when trying to access my router (10.0.0.1). I was able to access my router (with a unique username/password) until this past weekend when we upgraded our router - I have been unable to connect since then. I have factory reset this router three times and I am still getting the error when using admin as the username and password as the password. I sat on hold with customer care for an hour and when nothing worked - they hung up on me. I don't know where to go from here. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.6K Messages

5 years ago

@JOHN_BROWN wrote:

I am receiving an authentication error when trying to access my router (10.0.0.1). I was able to access my router (with a unique username/password) until this past weekend when we upgraded our router - I have been unable to connect since then. I have factory reset this router three times and I am still getting the error when using admin as the username and password as the password. I sat on hold with customer care for an hour and when nothing worked - they hung up on me. I don't know where to go from here. 

Have you first tried power-cycling / re-starting the device ? No joy ? Try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. This can sometimes clear up some weird behavior issues. You will lose any customized settings, and they will need to be re-configured from scratch if you do the latter.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here