Community Forum

Asus ax3000 (rt-ax58u) your isp dhcp does not function properly

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Asus ax3000 (rt-ax58u) your isp dhcp does not function properly

I purchased an Arris sb8200 and an Asus ax3000(rt-ax58u). I activated the modem and I could get internet if I hook up through through ethernet. When I plug in my router through internet it does not establish a connection. In the admin panel of the Asus router it says "Your ISP DHCP does not function properly".  I have tried flashing my router with the lasted firmware. I even took my brother's ax3000 and plugged it in and I have the same issues so I dont think its my router.

I have tried contacting Xfinity support but after running the "trouble shooting steps" they always say the system is telling them to set up an appointment with a tech which is 4 days way. I work from home and can't really afford to be without internet for four days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@ComcastCheFrom looking at the forums I see you have helped some with similar issues. If you can spare the time to help me i would be forever greatful. 

UPDATE!!!!!

I trully hopes this helps someone. I downloaded the Xfinity My Account app on my phone > Scroll down to Internet > Select your cable modem > Troubleshoot Modem > Restart

I can only assume that this sent a manual provisionning signal because after 5 minutes everything rebooted and I am now using my router's internet. Dont waste your time with phone support, I talked to 4 different people last night and all 4 said "their system told them to send a tech" Good luck!

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Asus ax3000 (rt-ax58u) your isp dhcp does not function properly

I started a thread in a forum that is dedicated to Asus routers:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/comcast-dhcp-issues-with-some-asus-routers.65795/

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

@andyross wrote:

I started a thread in a forum that is dedicated to Asus routers:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/comcast-dhcp-issues-with-some-asus-routers.65795/

Sounds good ill keep an eye on it, thank you.

I have gone through many forums and tried just about everything. I have disabled Ipv6, I have the "dhcp query frequency to normal and set the ttl values to yes", I have tried setting Ipv6 as passthrough and cloning mac. I have factory reset both the router and modem. I have left the modem unplugged for 20 minutes. I really dont want to return the router, but at this point im running out of options.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Have Modem and Router both connected. Download the Xfinity My Account app on my phone > Scroll down to Internet > Select your cable modem > Troubleshoot Modem > Restart

It takes 5 minutes for things to reboot and re-establish. I think the app lets you do a manual provisioning signal as part of its troubleshooting process. Neither of the four tech support people I talked to last night were able to do anything and all recomended a tech to come out.

God Speed!