Community Forum

Asus Wireless Router

Highlighted
New Poster

Asus Wireless Router

Can I use an Asus dual band wireless router as opposed to using the Comcast router component of my modem?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Asus Wireless Router

Yes as long as you put the Comcast gateway in to bridge mode;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/wireless-gateway-enable-disable-bridge-mode

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thanks for your wisdom.  is it worth it to switch to the Asus wireless router given that I have the Xfinity  pods connected in different rooms in the house?

Highlighted
Expert

The pods won't work without the Comcast gateway.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I got you.  So is it possible to have the Comcast Gateway and still have the Asus Router working at the same time?  is this redundant?

Highlighted
Expert

The gateway would need to be in bridge mode.