kjl559's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 26th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Arris says upstream Power levels should be 45 to 51

Arris tech and website say the upstream Power levels coming in to my T25  modem should be 45 to 51. On this forum it says the levels can be from 35 . What is going on? The levels my modem is showing are well below 41.25 to 41.75.  However the cable guy came to the house and said all the levels are correct without being specific.

My google nest wifi router cannot get the full 300MBPS (only 91)  - I wonder if that is the  reason.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Here is the chat with them:

Seshan R (5/25/2020, 1:15:13 PM): The recommended power levels are the same for almost all Arris devices. your upstream power should always be between +45 and +51
Seshan R (5/25/2020, 1:15:22 PM): By having the values in less than that, your device will have interrupted connection, slow or no connection at all.
Seshan R (5/25/2020, 1:15:42 PM): In your case, your coaxial cable is sending poor signal, and is affecting the device itself to communicate properly, we would recommend that you contact your service provider to make the appropriate adjustments to those levels for you.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Arris is wrong !!!

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Again. THEY ARE WRONG !! They are passing the buck !! Only the Comcast plant / engineering specs matter;

Specification      Min             Max
Downstream Power Level    
Cable Modems -10dBmV +10dBmV
Gateways and EMTAs -7dBmV +7dBmV
Downstream Signal to Noise Ratio 35dB -
Upstream Power Level +35dBmV +50dBmV
Upstream Signal to Noise Ratio 31dB -
Upstream Receive Power -2dBmV

+2dBmV

Are you actually having any problems or just focusing on the stats ?

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Nah. That's on your end / LAN / home network..

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Yes, I have been paying for 300 MBPS but router is always saying 100 (91). So I called xfinity to look at the incoming and they came here and said everything was right . It was not until I hard-reset my modem and connected my one ethernet directly to my computer that I saw the 300.  I think after bugging them they modified something. Then when I replaced that ethernet with a connection to my google nest wifi router I could only see the same old 91!

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have had the same problem with the last two Arris modems I get the same run-around.  Arris says they want 45 to 51, xfinity says they can't change what you have.  Yet, Xfinity says the Arris modem is compatable with the system.  And the Arris modems keep failing.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here