averyfreeman3's profile

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

Saturday, November 23rd, 2019 8:00 PM

Closed

Alternative to Comscope CSAPDU9VP that does not filter MoCA?

Hi,

We have the Comscope CSAPDU9VP on our house feeding the cable. A booster is necessary where we're located because we're so far away from the road, and we're using at least 5 of the splitter outputs.

However, we'd like to share MoCA with the garage that is fed cable on the way to the house so we can have wifi inside it because it's a metal building (an AP is required indoors, is essentially impenetrable by radio waves - can't even get an LTE signal).

Is there an alternative to the Comscope CSAPDU9VP we could use that would boost the signal at the house without filtering the MoCA between the house and the shop?

Thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

There isn’t a true alternative, as it’s meant to replace signal loss of splitters (especially with long distance from the tap) and necessary for X1 equipment to communicate

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

4 years ago

Great answer, very helpful, thank you

Two thoughts: 

1) Is there a suitable alternative compatible with X1 that doesn't have a built-in POE filter?

2) Does the CSAPDU9VP built-in POE filter incoming MoCA traffic?  We could set the cable modem up in the shop and ship the connection to the house...

Thank you

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

That same amp has both a POE and non POE filter. The ones with POE inside have a yellow label on the amp, if it doesn’t have a label it doesn’t have an interior POE filter. Couldn’t you put your modem on the voip port (if not there already)?

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

4 years ago

Interesting, I've never seen the model you shared in the picture.

I was working on a client's house about a year ago trying to get MoCA between his shop and house, and had the same exact problem I'm running into at my mom's house (shop before house - CSAPDU9VP at house). Tried installing MoCA adapters at his house and wouldn't pass from the CSAPDU9VP input back to the shop.

People on these forums said MoCA filter on CSAPDU9VP (he had the same exact model as my mom).

So for him, we just got super beefy WiFi repeater and he was happy with that, but for my mom it won't work because her shop is sheet metal and can't even get an LTE signal through the exterior.

I will try a couple MoCA adapters at the property and see if this model CSAPDU9VP has a poe filter built in, can't hurt anything giving it a shot, and then go from there with either getting another amp without poe filter from Comcast, or buying an aftermarket unity gain amp for the house and putting the Commscope at the shop (who knows, mom might like an X1 box in her shop, too).

Thanks for the info

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

You didn’t answer if you can split the line to your modem before the amp, so your X1 equipment is off the amp and your modem is before it.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here