Community Forum

Additional IP address

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Additional IP address

@ComcastMichael I saw you helped someone else with this same question and was hoping you could possibly help me also 😃

Below is the same thing I am trying to figure out for my area and would be greatful if you can help me figure out if I can get a second IP or not since my modem has access for it

Greetings,

I am trying to get an additional IP addresses added to my residential account. I am having an issue similar to what a user described here. I have a NETGEAR CM1200 which has several ports; supporting multiple IPs. I have followed the actionable guidance outlined in the responses to the previously linked forum posts, but that same post as well as others seems to indicate that what is found in my area's rate card is not 100% conducive to what is actually available/what can be done.

How can I go about getting mores IPs on my current residential account?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Additional IP address

They are phasing it out but I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. We've seen cases here where they have been able to get this accomplished for customers even when it is not listed in their rate cards, YMMV. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, mutten840! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums. We are happy to have you. I can step in and take a look at your account to determine whether or not the additional IP address option is available in your area currently. Please send me a PM with your first and last name and I'll be happy to check for you. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Great working with you, mutten840. We would love to see you back here in the future. Take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.