Community Forum

Activation Woes

Highlighted
New Poster

Activation Woes

I just received the self install kit today, and I tried to activate my service today, but ran into some issues, when they could not find the signal to the cable modem, and was instructed to call Customer Service. I am using the a third-party modem and I was connected thru a wifi router. What can be the possible issues here?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Activation Woes

Probably means that you don’t have a live cable signal.. When you received the self install kit, did you verify all cables in your house were properly connected or just plug in your modem and try to activate it?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Try activating directly with ethernet cable from PC to modem without the router in the loop. 

If succesfull put the router in the mix and restart modem and router

Highlighted
Expert

@hagenbr926 wrote:

I just received the self install kit today, and I tried to activate my service today, but ran into some issues, when they could not find the signal to the cable modem, and was instructed to call Customer Service. I am using the a third-party modem and I was connected thru a wifi router. What can be the possible issues here?

Is the "Online" indicator light on the modem lit steadily ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!