Community Forum

Accessing cablemodem web interface

Highlighted
New Poster

Accessing cablemodem web interface

I've been hitting a bunch of brownouts and such lately with all the rain and wind. Sometimes I end up losing the internet connection when this occurs. I'm using a personal router connected to the cablemodem, and both the router and the cablemodem are on a UPS. However, the UPS is old and I'm not sure if it's providing enough power to the cablemodem during these events, or if the cablemodem is losing power. I've checked the router itself and the uptime clearly shows that it is retaining power, but I've seen notes about the WAN port being unplugged that suggest the cablemodem may be losing power. Is there a way for me to access a web interface for the cablemodem? According to the Xfinity page, my cablemodem is a Cisco DPC3000. I've tried connecting to 192.168.100.1, but I'm unable to access that.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Accessing cablemodem web interface

Confirm that make and model number by physically looking at the label on the modem. The DPC3000 is not on their approved / compatible modem list.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I just did, it's accurate. I'll note that I'm renting it from them, it's not something we own, we've just had it for ages at this point... something like 6-7+ years.

Highlighted
Expert

O/k, it must be grandfathered in then. It was supported years ago as I had one. I ditched it for a number of reasons including the same problem you are having. After a new firmware push, I could no longer access the user-interface pages.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!