EmbersRK's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 13th, 2021 6:00 AM

Closed

Access denied to some websites via my home network

To access some websites via my home network has been rejected, including USPS's informed delivery, Expedia's account page and more. And this has occurred on my all devices (my laptop, iPhone and Android tablet). However hasn't been rejected via "Xfinitywifi" or tethering network by my cell phone (it's NOT Xfinity).

So my network security software seems not to affect this phenomenon and I don't set up a kind of the parental control.

Could you please give me the solution about this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to reach out on forums! I would like the opportunity to look into these internet concerns. Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

@EmbersRK wrote:

To access some websites via my home network has been rejected, including USPS's informed delivery, Expedia's account page and more. And this has occurred on my all devices (my laptop, iPhone and Android tablet). However hasn't been rejected via "Xfinitywifi" or tethering network by my cell phone (it's NOT Xfinity).

So my network security software seems not to affect this phenomenon and I don't set up a kind of the parental control.

Could you please give me the solution about this?

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a work-around for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

To disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi, select the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the xFi app and then select xFi Advanced Security. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on-screen prompts.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here