Community Forum

ASUS Router Motorola Modem: Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly

GammyL
Regular Visitor

ASUS Router Motorola Modem: Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly

I have seen this topic discussed several times here and the answer is always a re-provisioning of the modem. I have been on the phone with Comcast three times and they always have me power cycle everything, the modem gets a signal but the router displays: “Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly.” They then tell me the modem works so there is nothing they can do and give me support numbers for Motorola and ASUS. I specifically ask them to send a provisioning signal and each time they either don’t understand or they tell me they can see the router.

The modem is a brand-new Motorola MB7621, advertised as “Xfinity certified” and the router is an ASUS RT-ACRH13 that has been set up and working since 2017. Recently my mother-in-law opted to buy a modem and use it instead of paying the monthly rental fee. Upon doing so, her wifi router was no longer connected to the internet with the “Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly” message in the admin control panel.

When I plug my laptop in to the modem directly, I am receiving a signal. The modem is in bridge mode by default. I have tried a number of different setting combos on the ASUS as well as a factory reset with not luck. The status panel on the ASUS is seeing a wired connection but there is no activity.

Is @ComcastChe still around to try to help trouble shoot?