Community Forum

1GB Internet

Highlighted
New Poster

1GB Internet

What’s the point of paying for 1GB if the best I receive is 350MBs or max maybe 400.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: 1GB Internet

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Gigabit-speed-troubleshooting-video/m-p/3310454#M316...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

You didn't answer my question. You just annoyingly posted a link to a video that does nothing in regards to my question either. Nice try.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Adding to @EG, only you can answer the question you posed. Maybe a better question would be can anybody help me reach the speeds I’m paying for. Post your equipment, modem logs, modem levels and you will get more help than coming in hot and cranky.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

So what was the specific question ??? I gave you a self help link. What's wrong with that ? It's up to you whether or not you wan't to use it.... I did nothing wrong.... I'm a volunteer that just trys to help others here. There's nothing in it for me except for self-satisfaction. I'm not a CC employee. Have fun and good luck with it ! 🙂

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

If the specific question is "What’s the point of paying", then I would say: check your contract.  I think contracts usually allow you to switch to a reduced speed without paying an ETF.