Community Forum

1 gig service isn't close.

Highlighted
New Poster

1 gig service isn't close.

I connected my laptop via ethernet directly to my Netgear C7800 modem and when testing never got a download speed over 400 mbps, so I'm not sure if the issue is because of the current times or if the signal coming in still is not pushing the 1 gig service? I have had comcast service out 3 times and still no speed inprovement. Maybe they should run a whole new line directly in. I'm getting so frustrated. I would be happy seeing speeds around 700 mbps. Any one else having issues with this modem type or 1 gig service?

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: 1 gig service isn't close.

yup, been having the same or similar issue for a year. max I get is 550Mbps or thereabouts, on a good day.

Highlighted
New Poster

That is so crazy. I may request that they replace the entire line from the pole since it seems like they tried everything else. Just want my speed to come close to what I purchased and 350 mbps are not even close. Now I can't even chat with someone because that is down. Maybe it's time to look elsewhere for internet.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I get 700mbps down and only 5mbps up. The upload is my issue. With Coronavirus I cant  get in touch with anybody.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Which Comcast modem do you have?  I have the XB6 and I get over 800 in the morming (I don't bother testing after dark now).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@RobertWy 

Which poster are you replying to ??? The original poster has a Netgear C7800.....

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I lost the ability to qoute; do you have a way I can get it back?

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Highlighted
Expert

It's a current known bug with the forum software that is being worked on. You could always use the .@ (forum name) feature to signify who you are replying to. You can even copy and paste some or all of the poster's text....

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

I will have to practice it.  Thanks.  Didn't know about the bug..

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@RobertWy wrote: ... Didn't know about the bug..

Quoting seems to be back this morning. In the editor, see the oddball double-quote symbol between the "ABC checkmark" spellcheck symbol and the "Macros" button.

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm getting 20.9 right now for my gig!  

Highlighted
New Poster

I was only pulling 8 down, 40 up for about an hour. The latency / connection issues are even worse!!

Highlighted
Expert

@mdegrande0130 wrote:

I connected my laptop via ethernet directly to my Netgear C7800 modem and when testing never got a download speed over 400 mbps, so I'm not sure if the issue is because of the current times or if the signal coming in still is not pushing the 1 gig service? I have had comcast service out 3 times and still no speed inprovement. Maybe they should run a whole new line directly in. I'm getting so frustrated. I would be happy seeing speeds around 700 mbps. Any one else having issues with this modem type or 1 gig service?

Nope, still great as always. Using an ARRIS TG3482G XB6. 

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/174539458

Check out:

Highlighted
Contributor

you must be the very few of thousands of customers that get that speed.

Highlighted
Expert

@ahmedilyas wrote:

you must be the very few of thousands of customers that get that speed.

I wouldn't know. I don't have access to some privileged database that tells me exactly how many people have gigabit service and how many get my tested speed.

I don't make blanket assumptions about stuff I have no first hand knowledge of. 

Highlighted
Contributor

It was just a statement, that's all...
Highlighted
Expert

@ahmedilyas wrote:
It was just a statement, that's all...

Sorry, do you have underlying issues that you still need to be solved that weren't answered upthread? Then please start your own support thread and don't derail existing ones.