New Poster

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, April 8th, 2020 7:00 AM

Closed

xfi blocks 'unauthorized access attempt' to MyCloud hard drive

Hope everyone is safe.

Question: 

We just got a WD Mycloud for backup purposes and it is connected to the xfi network.

Xfi has identified a couple of unauthorized access attempts.  One from VPN consumer network and another from Amazon.

Suggested fixes are to restart (which I have done) and to update the firmware (it appears to be up to date).

It has continued to happen.  Specifically from these two IP addresses.

So, what should I do to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Jose

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a workaround for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I’m having the same issue. I’ve had a WD My Cloud Drive for some time with no issues. I just got the Xfinity XFi XB7 modem and it’s constantly blocking incoming connections as threats.

With that said, these blocks are NOT my IP addresses and my usage is unaffected. However, it says these addresses are from China, Germany, Russia, US, you name it, so I’m grateful they’re being blocked.

But it begs the question, why on earth am I getting dozens of these attempts a week, and were they successful in accessing the device with my previous router?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have a similar issue.  I use iDrive as my backup and for a year my backups were working just fine.  Since 8/13, they have failed and today I tried to go to www.idrive.com while connected to Xfinity at my house and no-go.  Wouldnt load.  Joined another WiFI and worked just fine.   Comcast is blocking this for some reason.   Disabled Advanced Security and still nothing...

My backup fails with: "Possible reasons: 1. Ensure that you do not have an intermittent Internet connection. 2. Check if you have granted the necessary privileges on local firewall settings for it to run correctly."

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

maybe you can help me with this issue.. my siblings and i all have comcast.. mycloud is at my place... everyone can get on except one of my sister... i've already checked her router's setting.. nothing on there... i've also tried to clear cache (mycloud cache) on her iphone/ reinstall the app.. doesnt work.

it's the same for me.. when i'm in her network.. i cant get to mycloud at my house.. not even with my laptop... its been such an enigma to me.. any suggestion would help.. thank you in advance

Note: we all have standard docis 3 (arris modem)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem with idrive here. Did you ever get it resolved?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problem. Were you able to get this resolved?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We are having the same issue.  Did anyone get an answer on this?  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here