Community Forum

mac address and indentifying a device

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

mac address and indentifying a device

I was looking at my routers info on my phone and the mac address is not the same as the one on my router is this normal shouldnt the mac address match the one on the router. Its is an xfiniity device Arris TG1682G. It is the only router/modem I have.
Talana Block
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: mac address and indentifying a device

@Crazyiscrazydos wrote:
I was looking at my routers info on my phone and the mac address is not the same as the one on my router is this normal shouldnt the mac address match the one on the router. Its is an xfiniity device Arris TG1682G. It is the only router/modem I have.

You posted in the xFi forum; are you using it?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

are u asking if im useing the forum? Because I am aware where I posted my question and I am trying to use it. But I am very unfamiliar with it so Im sure Im not getting all it has to offer.
Talana Block
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Ok I see that it better to use forum on computer. No my question was not answerd and I have another 

this message popup when i was trying to change password on admin tool after factory reset

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID 

is this something i should be worried about

Talana Block
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@Crazyiscrazydos wrote:

Ok I see that it better to use forum on computer. No my question was not answerd and I have another 

this message popup when i was trying to change password on admin tool after factory reset

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.
Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID 

is this something i should be worried about

I checked google and there are a lot of hits; example:

https://ugetfix.com/ask/how-to-fix-this-site-is-not-secure-pop-up-with-an-error-code-dlg_flags_sec_c...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!