Community Forum

Xfinity XFi App does not give me the option to activate xfi XPods (stuck on Activate xFi Gateway)

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity XFi App does not give me the option to activate xfi XPods (stuck on Activate xFi Gateway)

Hi,

I have been trying to resolve this problem but to no avail. I received xB7 modem/wifi router from Comcast and using that to connect to internet. The signal does not reach my basement and after a couple of weeks, at the end of 14 day evaluation period, they have sent me an Xfinity xfi Xpods. What I learned is that you can only activate xPods via your xFi App. When I aunch my xFi App, I do not see the option to activate xPods. Interestingly, my xFi app does not even recognize the fact that my xfi Gateway (Xb7 Model/Wireless Gateway) is already activated. When I go to Account -> Devices section, I only see the option to activate the xFi gateway. 

When I click on the activate the xFi gateway, I get an error message.

Anildubey_2-1601066013636.png

Anildubey_1-1601065959967.png

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity XFi App does not give me the option to activate xfi XPods (stuck on Activate xFi Gateway

Screen shot of my account option.

Anildubey_0-1601066813855.png

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity XFi App does not give me the option to activate xfi XPods (stuck on Activate xFi Gateway

Anildubey_0-1601066913904.png

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m having the exact same problem and have not been able to activate my pods. Have you figured out the solution?
Highlighted
New Poster

Do you have more than one modem? I have a similar issue with the upgraded Xfi app whereby it only recognizes my voice modem and not the XFi modem. I also get stuck on the Initiate step and it never works.