Community Forum

Xfi Pods Set UP then When I go back to devices in App I have to set them up again

Regular Visitor

Xfi Pods Set UP then When I go back to devices in App I have to set them up again

I discovered that my pods were not connected.  When I tried to acces them I was given the set up screen.  I set them up again and all went well.  Tried the App again and I was given the set up screen again.  I have done this 6 times with the same results.  I have unplugged and replugged in the Xfi router. Unplugged all six pods went through the setup process with negitive results.  What Gives???

Official Employee

Re: Xfi Pods Set UP then When I go back to devices in App I have to set them up again

todsouza -- Thanks for reaching out. I pulled up your account & am seeing your Pods online.  Are you still experiencing this issue?  If so, could you provide additional detail/screenshots of the screens you were seeing? Thanks! Rachel

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfi Pods Set UP then When I go back to devices in App I have to set them up again

Thanks for the quick response and information.  I was not aware that xFi was available from the PC.  I was using the xFi app since I got the pods.  Using the computer, I also see that all pods are up and connected to devices.  I’m assuming that the issue is with the xFi app.  I removed the app from both phone and IPad and reinstalled them.  The problem isn’t resolved.  I go through all the prompts on each screen, the set-up process completes and shows pods connected.  I close the app and when I return to it the set-up screen shows again.  Interesting side note:  If I try to access the Gateway from the app it also directs me to the setup process for the Gateway.

Regular Visitor

Hummmmmm,  looks like this help request has been dumped into their I. “We don’t give a darn” file.....

Official Employee

todsouza -- Can you please send me a Private Message & provide some screenshots of the experience in the app? You can send a Private Message by clicking on my username "ComcastRachelH" & then on the blue "Send a Message" button from my profile. Thanks!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Is there a fix for my pods? They were fine for months. They went offline about a week ago and would not reconnect, I eventually removed them with the xfi app and now the xfi app will not connect to the pods to add them back. HELP!
Official Employee

Cblgy4 -- Thanks for reaching out.  I pulled up your account & see the Pods online.  Are you still experiencing this issue?

New Poster

I am having the same issue with pods. Connected yesterday fine. Today nothing works. Please help