Community Forum

XFi App connected devices not showing as connected

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

XFi App connected devices not showing as connected

I just started getting this issue.

I have some devices connected to the WiFi. But the app shows them not connected.

For example, my wife’s iPhone, which is connected to the WiFi, shows as not connected. Similarly, her iPad shows the same thing too.

I also have two smart plugs. Only one shows as connected even though I can control both with my iPhone which means both are connected to my WiFi.

Any advice?

Here is the Xfinity Gateway I have:
Arris TG1682G
Firmware:
TG1682_3.14p16s1_PROD_sey
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: XFi App connected devices not showing as connected

I just had this issue today and found this form. It worked for me. Go here and try the troubleshooting step from user  fromaniello's 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks.  I tried that as well, but I still had the same problem.  So I rebooted the modem and this time it worked properly. Everything shows up as connected now.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @BuzzChill 

I apologize you're experiencing this issue. Would you please send me a private message with your full account number? We'd like to review the accounts that are experiencing this in order to get the issue resolved. Thank you in advance! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Everything is working fine now. Followed the directions and had to reboot the modem.