Community Forum

X fi app issues

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

X fi app issues

What's with this app? Says multiple threats need attention? 52 threats to my DVR? How can a Xfinity DVR get hacked. Also 13 threats to my projector what a joke!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: X fi app issues

Hi @tomgawron, thanks for writing in. Threats can occur on all types of devices and some settings on your network can make some of your devices more prone to outside threats. 

If you are seeing threats to your devices that require attention, we recommend checking for software updates, running antivirus on your devices, and assessing any open port forwards that can be closed when not in use.

You can read more about the different threat types and our recommended steps to take, here

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: X fi app issues

I have the same issue. It popdbup Xerxes-subxerexessecure.com the redirects as login xfinity.com.

Chrome says only partly secure.

This app has given me a hard time in requiring password imput twice when it's put in correct.cor the app won't allow me to gain access to all devices. As well in the app I'll set controls on devices and won't work. I'll literally shut down a phone.villvwait for stored cache to stop feed but it will be ten minutes and divices say they are disconnected on my app but in reality they are still connected.

Is this app compromised by Android third party copy cats?
Research Xerxes it's not x finity