Community Forum

Wii Box will not connect

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Wii Box will not connect

Have an old Wii that my Grandson wants to play with and cannot get it to connect to the inernet with the X1 gateway havent used it in years-- get an error message relating to the securety error code 51330 can still play without it butr wanted to upate system

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Wii Box will not connect

Can it connect the same way a smart phone does with an SSID/password?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, I've picked the SSID and added Password even the securety

Highlighted
Expert

@Max001 wrote:

Have an old Wii that my Grandson wants to play with and cannot get it to connect to the inernet with the X1 gateway havent used it in years-- get an error message relating to the securety error code 51330 can still play without it butr wanted to upate system

That code typically means that you are using an incorrect WiFi password in the Wii console.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

or wrong securety

Highlighted
Expert

@Max001 wrote:

or wrong securety

Meaning specifically ? Have you double-checked the password that you used ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes several times