Community Forum

Unknown device Arris connected to my WiFi at 3:27A and again at 3:28A

New Poster

Unknown device Arris connected to my WiFi at 3:27A and again at 3:28A

I just received this notification “A device named ARRIS Arris device just connected to your home network for the first time. “ This is not a device connected by anyone in my household. Suspicious? How can I block it.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unknown device Arris connected to my WiFi at 3:27A and again at 3:28A

@Dcochenour43 wrote:
I just received this notification “A device named ARRIS Arris device just connected to your home network for the first time. “ This is not a device connected by anyone in my household. Suspicious? How can I block it.

My Arris devices in my xFi are my X1 set-top-boxes; I don't recommend blocking them!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Thank you, I am mostly concerned with it stating they connected for the first time at 3:27A & 3:28A while everyone was sleeping. I could not see where a “New Device” accessed my network at that time. As of now I changed my WiFi password to be safe, but thought I would ask why this may have happened.
Silver Problem Solver

@Dcochenour43 wrote:
Thank you, I am mostly concerned with it stating they connected for the first time at 3:27A & 3:28A while everyone was sleeping. I could not see where a “New Device” accessed my network at that time. As of now I changed my WiFi password to be safe, but thought I would ask why this may have happened.

If the set-top-box reboots overnight to update its firmware, xFi might see it as a disconnect/connect.

There could be other reaseons.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Go on your Xfi app and check the Mac address for at suspicious device and then check your modem/router Mac address usually under box. If there are the same then no worries. Oh ya did you password protect your home WiFi ?
New Poster

I did check and no new devices were listed. Yes, my home network is password protected as well. Thank you!