Community Forum

Unauthorized internet Usage

Highlighted
New Poster

Unauthorized internet Usage

Hello,

I need to speak to an escalation customer service representative. My Xfinity app alerted me that 6 new devices connected to my WiFi.

I called the 800 number and he dismissed the claims and said that it will be fine.

I told him, someone moved just below me and the box of wires for service is just outside their window.
I said, if they have Comcast and by some how they have it as well and both of our lines are connected that’s an issue. I’m paying money for faster internet speeds,l and they get to use my service? No.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unauthorized internet Usage

@Ashford11 wrote:
Hello,

I need to speak to an escalation customer service representative. My Xfinity app alerted me that 6 new devices connected to my WiFi.

I called the 800 number and he dismissed the claims and said that it will be fine.

I told him, someone moved just below me and the box of wires for service is just outside their window.
I said, if they have Comcast and by some how they have it as well and both of our lines are connected that’s an issue. I’m paying money for faster internet speeds,l and they get to use my service? No.

Can you give us and example of one device?  The xFi website can show the MAC address, etc.

I presently have 24 connected devices and 11 un-connected devices.  One of the unconnected devices is a duplicate of a connected device.  If a device gets a new IP address it will sometimes appear twice.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!