Community Forum

Unable to change advanced WiFi settings from 10.0.0.1 or xFi APP

New Poster

Unable to change advanced WiFi settings from 10.0.0.1 or xFi APP

I used to be able to change the WiFi settings on the XB6-T Gateway, such as the network channels, channel bandwidth, and WiFi mode...

I am now unable to change any setting, I do see a message stating: "

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage. To edit your Wi-Fi Network Name & Network password, please download the Xfinity xFi app or visit [xfinity.com/myxfi](http://xfinity.com/myxfi)."

In the past I did let the gateway handle the WiFi settings as I had xFi pods installed. I am no longer using the pods and removed them from my account via the xFi app.

I did a full reset (held the button on the back of the modem for 20 seconds) to no avail. Any ideas or suggestions as to why this is happening.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Smiley Happy

I am unable to change these settings via the website or the XFi app. It will only let me edit the WiFi names and passwords.
Contributor

Re: Unable to change advanced WiFi settings from 10.0.0.1 or xFi APP

Comcast engineers, in their great and awesome wisdom (sic), seem to have removed the ability to do this from ALL of their gateways within the past couple months, whether you have (or had) Pods or not. 

There may be some lucky people who still have not been "upgraded" to this awesome (sic) new service but I would assume by now that those numbers are very few.  If you dig through the painfully designed forums here you will see numerous complaints about this silent change and you will hear the sound of crickets in response because Comcast 1) doesn't care about you, 2) they don't really monitor these forums, at least with anyone with any real technical knowledge and, 3) the few who do preuse here will ACTIVELY avoid anything touchy like this topic that they know they will get beat-up on as they have no input back to the non-smart (can't say a "naughty" word you know) engineers back in Philly.

Sorry to not be of much help, but this issue really burns me up.  Anyway, your best bet is to just bite the bullet and get your own router and modem and then you again have the most basic of wi-fi controls back in your hands.  Maybe the new white Wi-Fi6 gateway they announced will be better, but I'm not holding my breath.  It's a shame when a company won't let you throw money at them every month (rental fees) for doing something so dumb.