Community Forum

Samsung Smart TV's Losing Wifi Connection

Highlighted
New Poster

Samsung Smart TV's Losing Wifi Connection

I received Xfi Pods last week and installed them. 

Since then, my Samsung Smart TV's have been losing the WiFi connection over night and when the TV's are off.  The only way to reconnect them is to unplug the TV and to plug it back in.  Then it's able to connect to the internet. 

I'm wondering how I can correct that issue.   

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Samsung Smart TV's Losing Wifi Connection

Hi,  It sounds like the pod is too far away from the TV and it is not able to keep the wireless connection.  Please try to move the xFi pod closer to the TV and report back thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

One is directly over the modem and the other is roughly 15 feet away.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi,  Please make sure the pod is near the TV the 2nd one.  You need a pod near the TV and if that don't work please call Samsung and see what they can tell you might be going on.  If your internet is working fine then the TV is dropping the connection to the pod or vice versa "because the pod is too far away" 

1-800- Samsung

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!