Community Forum

Roommates connecting multiple devices

New Poster

Roommates connecting multiple devices

I saw a device I did not recognize on my devices list, so I paused it. My roommate asked if I had paused their ROKU. I asked them how they connected because I never entered a password for them on thus device. They said they used a bypass by pressing a button on the side of the wifi router??? How do I shut this option down so no more devices can be hooked up via a simple touch of a button on the router? Or at least how do I get a password on this option?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Roommates connecting multiple devices

You didn't specify the model of gateway.  They do have a button for "WPS" that MIGHT work.

I use it for my wifi printer.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Roommates connecting multiple devices

@AlliKat wrote:

I saw a device I did not recognize on my devices list, so I paused it. My roommate asked if I had paused their ROKU. I asked them how they connected because I never entered a password for them on thus device. They said they used a bypass by pressing a button on the side of the wifi router??? How do I shut this option down so no more devices can be hooked up via a simple touch of a button on the router? Or at least how do I get a password on this option?

See if you can still disable it in the gateway device. They have taken away a lot of the end user's WiFi options lately....... WPS is a security risk anyway !!

Log into the online Admin Tool (http://10.0.0.1) using a browser from a connected device. 

Admin is the default username and password is the default password.

1. Click Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi.
  2. Under Private Wi-Fi Network, click Add Wi-Fi Client.
  3. Next to Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), click the Disable box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!