Community Forum

Re: XFi forgetting devices

Highlighted
New Poster

I made a mistake after new Xfinity boxes and router were installed by a Comcast employee.  I was looking at connections to my network and saw two devices that I did not recognize.  I hit the forget this device button on both of them.  I later discovered that these devices were my Xfinity dvr box and router.  I have looked at every Xfinity article I can find and do not see anything that relates to how to reconnect the devices to my network. I say the note about that they should still be able to reconnect if I have not changed the password.  I have not changed the network name or password and I do not see the devices anywhere.  Tell me how to reconnect devices that I told the Xfinity network to forget.

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Your dvr (and any other cable boxes) isn’t controlled at all through Xfi

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

The issue is how to get these two devices back on the xFi network.  I never said that the network controls them but the new dvr boxes uses the "cloud" to record shows, etc.  All of my devices work.  I just want to get the full use of those devices that I am paying for.  I have 60 hours of storage using the cloud, but only 20 hours on the dvr alone.  I also get a confusing message like "content from the internet is not recordable" after the devices were forgotten. 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Your dvr service has nothing to do with Xfi, there are no controls in Xfi for your dvr

That message is because some channels are IP channels (internet) and like the message says can’t be recorded

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!