Last week I set up a port forward to my laptop to set up a server for a game and it worked perfectly. But today, when I tried to play the game again, I could no longer get the server to work. I don't belive I've made any changes to the network since I last played, so I decided to delete the settings for my old port forward and try to set it up again, to see if just restarting the port forward would fix the issue. But when I tried to set up the forward again, it would say that "We're having some trouble" and prompt me to either wait a few minutes or restart the router. I have reset the router multiple times, but there has been no change in behavoir whenever I try to set a port forward. I can still set port forwards on my other devices, but I can't set any port forwards of any channel/number for my laptop, not just for the game I was orginially trying to play. I've searched online if anybody has had similar issues and it seems that firewalls can get in the way, but considering that it was working just a week ago and I haven't changed any settings since, I have no clue what the issue could be.
This has really been confusing me and I'd apreciate some advice, thank you!
Solved! Go to Solution.
I had a similar issue. It only started when we were forced to use the web interface instead of making the changes on the modem like 99% of the rest of the world does.
After spending an hour with tech support, we eventually discovered that it only seemed to apply the port forward correctly when you to it via the xFi app on the phone. Even then though, it doesn't always work anymore. Port forwarding is still hit or miss since they "updated" the interface.
Give this a shot;
Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature for now as a workaround. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end user to whitelist anything;
A direct link was already posted.
Thanks for all the advice, I'm not sure what exactly caused the issue, but the advanced security glitch seems like a likely candidate. I ended up solving my issue by disconnecting my laptop from the network, and then going into the XFi setting on my phone and removing my laptop from the router's list of remembered devices. This seems to have reset whatever security measures that were affecting the laptop and it was allowed to have a port forward set to it again. Thanks for everyone who replied though, it nice to see that this forum isn't a deserted wasteland.
Good to hear !