Community Forum

Pods went offline... xFi showing no connected devices... Wifi are Internet are working

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Pods went offline... xFi showing no connected devices... Wifi are Internet are working

Hello, I returned today from a week away.  All 6 Pods are offline and I have tried the troubleshooting techniques from other posts (including deleting a Pod and trying to set it up again).  I have also noticed that at the xFi app shows 0 (zero) connected devices.  All devices except the Pods are connected to the internet and can be controlled via other applications.

I did restart the gateway without any improvement.  Any ideas?  The pods have been online and worked since before Christmas.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pods went offline... xFi showing no connected devices... Wifi and Internet are working

I am not sure if this is normal.  When I login directly to the gateway (Technicolor CGM4140COM) it shows all the devices (except the Pods) to be active and that both the 2.4 and 5 Ghz WiFi Networks are Inactive.  Is this normal with that gateway and xFi?   I know that on my previous router (ARRIS TG862G which died a month ago) it showed both frequencies as Active when I logged into the gateway.

Gateway.JPG

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pods went offline... xFi showing no connected devices... Wifi are Internet are working

Removed all pods from the account.  Restarted gateway and immediately devices connected to xFi.  Unable to add pods back to account.   May try a factory reset on the gateway tomorrow.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Pods went offline... xFi showing no connected devices... Wifi are Internet are working

The final solution for me was to do a factory reset of the gateway.  Prior to that I removed all pods from the network.

After the factory reset of the gateway I was instantly able to add each pod back to the network as I did when they were new and all is well.