Community Forum

Phone connected to xFi router-modem has no dial tone.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Phone connected to xFi router-modem has no dial tone.

I have the X1 Triple Play package. I changed from a 5 year old Arris TG1682T to a Arris TG3482G xFI Gateway a few days ago. The setup was simple; internet is great. Today I went to use the phone. There is no dial tone; the handset display shows "no line." Neither jack works. No clue in the xFi app as to configuration. Can someone help? TIA.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Phone connected to xFi router-modem has no dial tone.

@trscons wrote:

I have the X1 Triple Play package. I changed from a 5 year old Arris TG1682T to a Arris TG3482G xFI Gateway a few days ago. The setup was simple; internet is great. Today I went to use the phone. There is no dial tone; the handset display shows "no line." Neither jack works. No clue in the xFi app as to configuration. Can someone help? TIA.

Just have to ask; are you paying Comcast for phone support?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The X1 Triple Play includes the phone service. 

After an hour on the phone with tech support (India) getting nowhere and then customer support, I now have a TV+internet-phone package. End result, we lost 3 channels I never heard of and the little-used phone; the bill was reduced by ~$30/month.

I fail to understand why we can't get to a USA-based tier 2 tech service. All tech service needs to be brought stateside. It won't happen for reasons of cost. Pfft.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@trscons wrote:

The X1 Triple Play includes the phone service. 

After an hour on the phone with tech support (India) getting nowhere and then customer support, I now have a TV+internet-phone package. End result, we lost 3 channels I never heard of and the little-used phone; the bill was reduced by ~$30/month.

I fail to understand why we can't get to a USA-based tier 2 tech service. All tech service needs to be brought stateside. It won't happen for reasons of cost. Pfft.

I have been able to reach Tier 2 but it took some doing.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!