Community Forum

Pause isn't working

New Poster

Pause isn't working

I have paused several drvices ; however, they still stay connected to my wifi.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Pause isn't working

@Rose21461 wrote:

I have paused several drvices ; however, they still stay connected to my wifi.

Do you mean they are still able to use wifi?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I am also having this problem. I have set time limits & a bedtime schedule & the app says my son has been on his xbox for almost 12hrs & his limit is 5hrs. But its not paused. I have the pause automatically thing checked so it should pause it. It has been working previously but now it is not.
Official Employee

Hi @Momo1917526 

I've sent your issue to prod support for investigation. I'll be in touch as soon as I hear back from that team.

Thanks,

Hana

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes. Pausing has no effect on any device connected to my Wi-Fi.
New Poster

I pause my daughters cell phone and she just decides to turn her WiFi off and that way she is still able o use her cell phone but just uses her cell phone data. It’s upsetting!
Silver Problem Solver

@Ashley0303 wrote:
I pause my daughters cell phone and she just decides to turn her WiFi off and that way she is still able o use her cell phone but just uses her cell phone data. It’s upsetting!

I know of no way to prevent this other than maybe using this might help if she is using the Comcast network:

Ihttps://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-wifi-devices-my-account

If she is using her phone's network, you don't have many options if you can't lock her out of the phone's settings.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Pause works on NO DEVICE, including tablets that can only connect to the internet through wifi. I have personally paused these devices and was able to connect regardless.

Official Employee

@Rose21461 wrote:

Pause works on NO DEVICE, including tablets that can only connect to the internet through wifi. I have personally paused these devices and was able to connect regardless.

Can you please provide some additional details? You can send this information to me through Private Message. 

- Name of 1 device in xFi that does not pause

- Date/Time of the last time you tried to pause that device

- Screenshot of that device "paused" in xFi

Please confirm that when you pause the device, it remains connected to your home WiFi network when still connecting to the Internet. Some devices, if they have previously joined the "xfinitywifi", may try to reconnect to that network with your private network is blocked. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!