Community Forum

Modem backup battery.

Highlighted
New Poster

Modem backup battery.

New battery installed but battery light on modem is not lit.
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Modem backup battery.

@Marbler1 wrote:
New battery installed but battery light on modem is not lit.

Which Xfinity Gateway do you have - XB3, XB6, etc.

I found a thread that says the battery is only for phone service:

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Home-Phone-Service-Equipment/XB6-technicolor-gateway-Backup-battery-av...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @Marbler1, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! Yes like @RobertWy asked if you could please provide us with the model of the gateway you have, that would be great. I also help the link provided was helpful. We're here to help!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Marbler1, we never heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a PM if you still need assistance with battery backup concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help! Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!