Community Forum

Locked out of ability to set wifi channel bandwidth

Regular Visitor

Locked out of ability to set wifi channel bandwidth

Don't have/never had xfi pods and over 6 hours on the phone with the advanced repair and gig departments has given me nothing. My 5ghz network is locked to 80mhz channel bandwidth and limiting my wifi speeds to way under 200 mbit. I just need to be able to set this back to 160mhz to restore full speed wifi connections to my devices. Splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz does nothing, I have tried setting them each to a different name and that doesn't help, the settings are all grayed out on the admin tool page. The xFi app does not have any place to set channel width.

Logging in to the local admin tool at 10.0.0.1 and going to the 5ghz settings page gives me snarky message at the top:

Wi-Fi Mode, Security Mode, Channel Selection, Channel Mode, and Channel Bandwidth are being managed automatically to help optimize your home Wi-Fi network and improve Wi-Fi coverage. To edit your Wi-Fi Network Name & Network password, please download the Xfinity xFi app or visit xfinity.com/myxfi.

Model:CGM4140COM
Vendor:Technicolor
Hardware Revision:2.2
eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: Prod_18.1_d31 & Prod_18.1
Software Image Name: CGM4140COM_3.7p15s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: CGM4140COM

edit: Before anyone asks, factory resetting the gateway hasn't helped, and splitting the 2.4ghz from the 5ghz with a different name has also not helped.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Locked out of ability to set wifi channel bandwidth

same issue!! I tried chatting with someone today and after 3 Transfers! Still no one knew how!!

There is gotta be a switch or toggle that tells us "I want to manage my router and not the application! this is frustrating!!