Community Forum

Internet Gaming being interrupted

New Poster

Internet Gaming being interrupted

My internet keeps going out when I’m online, I’ve had to restart my router at least once a day, but is a huge inconvenience. I started to look around on the xFi app to see if there was anything to help me and I saw that the advanced security feature has been blocking this Atwola bug, and the time stamps all happen to be at the same time of my crashes. The advanced security says that nothing needs to be done but it’s been happening for some time. How do I get rid of this bug but more importantly is my security at risk?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Internet Gaming being interrupted

We have the option to turn off Advanced Security.

You can disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi by navigating to More and selecting My Services. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on screen prompts. Once disabled, you will lose 24/7 threat monitoring and real-time reporting on your home network.
www.xfinity.com › support › articles › using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-secur...

Using Xfinity xFi Advanced Security – Xfinity

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

Re: Internet Gaming being interrupted

@Maureen43boys wrote:
 How do I get rid of this bug but more importantly is my security at risk?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Atwola+bug&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&oq=Atwola+bug&aqs=chrome..69i57&...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!