Community Forum

Hacked account

New Poster

Hacked account

I have contacted Xfinity chat several times because people where I live have set up a guest wifi account using my info/account. I did not authorize that nor have I been able to stop them. I need advice on how/what will stop them cuz Xfinity/Comcast hasn't been any help at all.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Hacked account

Have you tried changing your account password

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Of course I've tried that. They're hacked into everything: phone, emails, wifi, texts, firestick, accounts and they're not just stealing/accessing those they have also been committing identity theft using my info online. I just can't believe that Comcast/Xfinity won't do anything. All they have to do is look at the my account section for my account and that'll be evidence enough.
Silver Problem Solver

@Scout810 wrote:
Of course I've tried that. They're hacked into everything: phone, emails, wifi, texts, firestick, accounts and they're not just stealing/accessing those they have also been committing identity theft using my info online. I just can't believe that Comcast/Xfinity won't do anything. All they have to do is look at the my account section for my account and that'll be evidence enough.

This is where I change my Account username and password;

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/security#username-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Note down everything ( proof )
Call and check your accounts with your financial institutions/credit card companies, etc, get documents of all inquiries and file police report.. obviously change your password on everything on just WiFi... Pay $80 a month a get u a
VPN(virtual private network ) and protect your network.. that's what I do