Community Forum

Greyed out Admin controls/Can't change Wifi Channel

Highlighted
New Poster

Greyed out Admin controls/Can't change Wifi Channel

I cannot for the life of me change our Wifis Network Channel to a stronger one. The Admin page, Xfi site, and app won't let me. It's greyed out and I can't physically change it.

Please help
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Greyed out Admin controls/Can't change Wifi Channel

A recent firmware update by them disabled that and other things. Get your own equipment if you can't live with it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Was this something they intended to do or do you think there will be a update to fix it?

Highlighted
Expert

IMO it seems to be deliberate.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Woah that is ridiculous. I hope getting a new one won't hurt our service anymore. We just can;t be competiting with 7 people on one wifi channel. Thank You

Highlighted
Expert

Get your own retail purchased equipment !!

Highlighted
New Poster

No, the reason its grayed out is because the Xfi system auto selects the best channel for you. You can disable it but its already monitoring to make sure your system is running optimally. Or at least that's what they say. They could be blowing smoke but it seems to work when I double check its decisions.
Highlighted
Expert

You can not disable the xFi function that automatically manages it. Once they enable that feature, you can not disable it. You can still disable its wireless itself, but not alter any of its settings.

Best way to fix that is with your own equipment.