CHOPPER702's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, February 2nd, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Erratic (at times) WiFi / Shuts off/Turns on periodically

Okay, so I do not rent or use the Comcast/Xfinity Modem, but use a NETGEAR CG3000Dv2 Gateway for years. Comcast is recommending that I upgrade to a newer model Gateway or rent one of their models. However, this modem still works great except at times (it could be days/weeks) that I have no issues then all of a sudden the WiFi goes out then mysteriously comes back on soon after then stays on for days on end. I used to unplug the modem and reconnect and wait but it would not fix the issue. Comcast said the signal looks good on their end, so I decided to replace the 2 outside cable splitters and thought that was my problem, WiFi has been working great, then all of a sudden it starts again, WiFi shuts down then later when I leave the modem untouched the WiFi returns! Is COMCAST messing with me in order to make me rent one of their Gateways???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Well, I finally had Comcast come out to the house yesterday. And lo and behold they found the underground cable is damaged coming from the junction box out by the street to the house. My home cable is good. They ran a temporary cable from the junction box to the house and we'll come back in a couple weeks to put it Underground. So hopefully cases closed on this. Thanks to everyone I will let you know if it works or not.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Nobody’s messing with you but trying different equipment is a form of troubleshooting. Post all of your signal levels, another form of troubleshooting.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

4 years ago

For a test, does a computer hardwired directly to the gateway device with an ethernet cable have the same problem ?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Changing your equipment won't help. I have an xfi gateway and and does it all the time...

Roger
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here