Community Forum

Devices keep getting paused

New Poster

Devices keep getting paused

For the last few weeks just about every device in my network has had troubles with intermittent connection, and since many of them don’t have displays I can only assume the ones that do, which are saying they’re ‘paused’, are true for all of them. I’ve replaced the modem at the Comcast store (same style, newer model), reset and hard-reset just about everything on the network, split it into two networks (2.4 and 5), and I’m still randomly having devices get ‘paused’. When I go to the Xfinity app though it doesn’t show any devices are paused but it does show them as online. Is there a way to just turn off this pause/unpause feature? I live by myself. It’s useless to me.

Thanks.
Official Employee

Re: Devices keep getting paused

Hi, @Firsttimecaller, sorry to hear this. Can you let me know if the issue is still occuring? Do the devices pause randomly, or do they seem to be pausing on a schedule?

If this is still an issue, please send me a private message with the device name or MAC address for the ones that keep pausing and we can look into it. Thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Randomly, I have a couple of devices, but most specifically my daughter's iPhone keeps getting either paused ore  bumped off.  I fixed it yesterday by forgetting her connection to wifi, then re-adding the connection.  But alass, this morning the 1st thing I got from my daughter is that her phone could not connect.  She is a full time college student and is home a lot doing homework, she indicated her PC has issues connecting recently also.  I've personally not experienced myself, but I am certian she is experiencing issues.  Can you assist?

Official Employee

Hi, can you please let me know if this is still happening? If so, please send me a private message with the name or MAC address of the device that is having connectivity issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!