Community Forum

Connected devices

Highlighted
New Poster

Connected devices

I'm having issues with the xfinity app showing my connected devices using wifi, but some of them aren't even connected to the wifi. Examples: I just checked it and it shows my son's phone is connected to the internet, but my son isn't home. How can his phone be connected to the wifi if he's in a different city? Also last week it showed my Google home mini was connected and it was sitting on a shelf unplugged. Anyone else having these issues?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Connected devices

@Babygirl198435 wrote:
I'm having issues with the xfinity app showing my connected devices using wifi, but some of them aren't even connected to the wifi. Examples: I just checked it and it shows my son's phone is connected to the internet, but my son isn't home. How can his phone be connected to the wifi if he's in a different city? Also last week it showed my Google home mini was connected and it was sitting on a shelf unplugged. Anyone else having these issues?

Do other devices appear as they should?  Are you using the xFi app or the xFi website?

https://internet.xfinity.com/

Does the app agree with the website?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!