Community Forum

5G with Xpods...

Highlighted
New Poster

5G with Xpods...

This was very misleading and now i have no way to select which connection I want because i have devices that can support 5G but the gateway keeps assigning the 2.4g, and now itll charge me for canceling the item, so all i have left is to turn them off and deal with the lack of range? I want to assign my personal devices to 5g, NOT have my gateway assign them FOR me. I was only told it was to extend my range not manage my internet either.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: 5G with Xpods...

@Oliden_DO wrote:

This was very misleading and now i have no way to select which connection I want because i have devices that can support 5G but the gateway keeps assigning the 2.4g, and now itll charge me for canceling the item, so all i have left is to turn them off and deal with the lack of range? I want to assign my personal devices to 5g, NOT have my gateway assign them FOR me. I was only told it was to extend my range not manage my internet either.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-wifi-password

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I don’t see how this response helps the users problem. I just hooked up xPods and noticed I can no longer choose to show both 2.4g and 5g connection, I assume that is related. But more importantly, in my living room my speed test is great, go into bed room where I put a pod and the speed is 25% what it is in the living room, so what exactly did this pod do for me?
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@spaceboy91 wrote:
I don’t see how this response helps the users problem. I just hooked up xPods and noticed I can no longer choose to show both 2.4g and 5g connection, I assume that is related. But more importantly, in my living room my speed test is great, go into bed room where I put a pod and the speed is 25% what it is in the living room, so what exactly did this pod do for me?

I do not have Pods; it is my understanding the Pods require a single SSID to function.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfi-pods-faqs

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

OP did not return. Dead thread from last year now being closed.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!