coolbeans99's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, January 12th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream hacked?

Hello,

I'm away from home for a bit and am renting my place out.  I usually watch Xfinity stream's TV Go when I travel and have noticed some strange activity on there.  New shows keep being added to my "recently watched" column and they're ones that I've never watched before.

I'm worried my account may be hacked, as I've never seen this happen when I had friends and family stay at my place before while I was away.  I changed the password to my Xfinity Stream account and someone keeps watching new shows.  I also called customer support and asked them to remove all devices linked to my account, and after 6 re-routes, a call back, and more re-routing over 30 minutes, they said it was "impossible" to see who else was logged into my account and on what devices. 

How do I remove anyone with unauthorized access?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@coolbeans99 wrote:

Hello,

I'm away from home for a bit and am renting my place out.  I usually watch Xfinity stream's TV Go when I travel and have noticed some strange activity on there.  New shows keep being added to my "recently watched" column and they're ones that I've never watched before.

I'm worried my account may be hacked, as I've never seen this happen when I had friends and family stay at my place before while I was away.  I changed the password to my Xfinity Stream account and someone keeps watching new shows.  I also called customer support and asked them to remove all devices linked to my account, and after 6 re-routes, a call back, and more re-routing over 30 minutes, they said it was "impossible" to see who else was logged into my account and on what devices. 

How do I remove anyone with unauthorized access?

currently those of us with set top boxes at home have no ability to record anything using the app or roku channels for Xfinity Stream TV. It is possible that at home your POE filter is now missing and other set top boxes are setting the recordings. when home ask Comcast to come out and check. as an aside, is anyone at home now? has a key?

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

It very well could be!  All the channels and shows they're watching are on local stations (ABC, CBS, etc) that would require you to be connected to in-home wifi.

I'd still like to log-out all the devices associated with the account after the password change to be safe -- is there a way to do that?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@coolbeans99 wrote:

It very well could be!  All the channels and shows they're watching are on local stations (ABC, CBS, etc) that would require you to be connected to in-home wifi.

I'd still like to log-out all the devices associated with the account after the password change to be safe -- is there a way to do that?

A Comcast official employee usually will respond to threads within three business days. they can do the deprovision.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Hey Rustyben,

I DMed one of the Comcast employees on here and haven't heard back. No one has responded to me through this forum, and the phone guys send me back and forth without actually helping.  Do you know what I can do from here on?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hi, coolbeans99. Thanks for posting and I apologize for the delay. Make sure to wait for us to request you send us a private message before doing so. Please go ahead and send me a private message with your name and I will take a look at your account and help from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks RustyBen!  Going to DM Comcast Morgan now

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

It was a pleasure working with you, coolbeans99.  I'm glad we discussed/determined who/why you're seeing content come up as 'watched' on the Stream site, without you personally watching it. It will also show content that gets watched through the physical cable box that resides at home. Let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you or take care of. Thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here