mama_squares's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, June 14th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Roku

We recently started using Xfinity Stream on a Roku TV in place of an Xi5 wireless STB. Does anyone know of any universal remote controls that would provide more functionality and actually work with the Stream app on Roku? I am specifically looking for a remote control that will allow me to page the guide. The basic Roku remote that came with the TV does not really function like a cable TV remote with any guide controls. Thanks.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks for replying. I get that the guide is proprietary, but I was hoping to find a uni remote that I could program for more guide controls. Guess my spouse can decide if guide up and down is worth $120 a year. LOL

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.8K Messages

4 years ago

No remote will make any difference. The Roku only understands a few codes. I have a JP1-based universal remote. A custom remote set does show Page up/down commands, and they work in some apps and the main Roku screens, but not in the Stream app.  In fact, half of the codes it understands are mostly shortcuts to various apps.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here