Community Forum

Xfinity Stream Beta stopped working

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Stream Beta stopped working

I've had a Samsung smart tv for some time now with the Xfinity Stream Beta app installed and working fine.  All of a sudden, I've started receiving a notification that says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity network. Use the app on your smartphone...." Its been working flawlessly for months.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta stopped working

@SammyG812 wrote:

I've had a Samsung smart tv for some time now with the Xfinity Stream Beta app installed and working fine.  All of a sudden, I've started receiving a notification that says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity network. Use the app on your smartphone...." Its been working flawlessly for months.

the stream app will need to be uninstalled from your Samsung and then unplug the TV for 3-5 minutes. then plug the TV in and reinstall the app and be sure to agree to the terms and conditions. working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

^ Didn't work for me. I am getting the same thing.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Me as well, I get as far as the loading screen once youve typed in the code displayed. Then it fails.

Highlighted
Expert

do as detailed above (remove app, remove TV power). add power unplug and restart gateway/modem. working? does stream app work using a smart phone/tablet?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It works on my Iphone but still not on my Samsung TV, it has worked for months.

I did as you stated above and still doesn't work.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yeah same here. Maybe its important to note that i have my own arris ac1900 modem/router. does that change anything?

Highlighted
Expert

two of us customers are replying but no answer to "does stream app work using a smart phone/tablet?"

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It works on my phone.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Same for me. Not working on Brand new Samsung TV as of yesterday. My Tablet app is fine. Have done all the steps you suggest and app is still not working. Mine is stuck on a “purchases” screen and will not let me back out, only exit app. Not sure about anyone else.

How do we submit a tech ticket to Xfinity Dev?? This is systemic bug they need to know about.

Thanks!
Highlighted
Expert

@jetpuck73 wrote:

It works on my phone.

There is an issue in a database. call 800-Comcast, select tech support for cable TV. ask the agent to transfer you to the app support team. ask the team member to reprovision your streaming device entitlements. if someone talks about sending a hit to your home equipment they do not understand. this is for app/streaming website. if the team member seems confused ask for a supervisor.

edit: are you using the same username on both?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I will do that, Thank you. 

I'll let you know what happens.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

All customer service Robot did was send a signal to my cable box. Which did not help. Can’t even get to tech support to get transferred to app support. When will they push an update to fix this Samsung bug????
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Update: I just got off the phone after being transferred five times and finally got someone who told me this beta app outage is a known issue and has been reported. This is nothing to do with device entitlement so do not waste an hour like I just did.

It is a known issue with the app on smart TVs and they are working on a fix. No timeline for when it will be pushed.
Highlighted
Expert

@HeatherDB wrote:
Update: I just got off the phone after being transferred five times and finally got someone who told me this beta app outage is a known issue and has been reported. This is nothing to do with device entitlement so do not waste an hour like I just did.

It is a known issue with the app on smart TVs and they are working on a fix. Notimelinee for when it will be pushed.

there would be hundreds of posts about it if it was a nationwide issue. do you have a working set top box installed and working in the home? did you try a smart phone/tablet and the stream app to see if the stream was right on a different device? are you getting error messages on your TV screen?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue: stuck on purchase screen
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks for this. I have wasted a lot of time trying to get this working (like it was for 4+ months). I upgraded my internet speed and now app will not activate, thinks I’m not on Xfinity network...but I am like I always was. I tried everything I could find online, total resets, uninstalled, direct connect to modem... etc.

Quite annoying and a frustrating support experience. I guess hanging tight for now.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The thought of calling Xfinity customer service and getting transferred 6 times makes my skin crawl. My Stream Beta did this before and they even sent a tech to the house which was useless. Yes, I’ve tried uninstalling, unplugging, waiting 10min, etc etc. My screen is still stuck on “you haven’t purchased anything yet”. Frustrating. Works fine on my phone too. Just not my brand new Samsung. Getting ready to give Xfinity the BOOT.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've also had the same issue. The customer service vortex is unbelievably frustrating! The lack of timeline on a solution is unbelievable. What am I paying for?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Is yours working yet?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Nope! It's been 10 days. Calling customer service is worthless. They report there's an outtage, with no projected time frame for resolution. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I don't use the stream app on tablet or phone, as I use the app on my tvs to have access to local channels. There is no access to local channels on the app. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I've submitted three tickets in the past week via the chat and calling. Still no resolution.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@mschiding @SammyG812 @Mellie4187 @ @rasmusrj 

Can you all log into https://customer.xfinity.com/#/settings/account/linked-accounts and ensure you've set the "primary" account to your latest address?

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This has been happening to me for 3 weeks.  I have been on the phone with Xfinity no less thank 5+ hours total.  Keep getting transferred and having to explain the issue each time and being made to go through the same steps each time even though I tell the rep I have done this time and time again.  I finally reached an advanced tech support person, same thing!  I was told once that it was an issue for everyone streaming over a TV or Roku and it would be resolved within 48 hours.  That was 2 weeks ago.  The xfinity app has been working on my Roku Express for 1.5 years and then it asks me to login and active my device.  I have done this countless times and have been given at least 4 different ticket numbers.  Each time I call back, I am told the previous ticket was closed?  When I try to authorize again.  I get the same message:  Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed customers without a video subscription.  Check out xfin.tv/shop to subscribe today!

In the lower righ bottom of screen it has:  (error:NA)

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted modemn, at least 5o times. each time I get transferred to another tier of support.  I am told they are sending refreshes to my TV/Account, etc. -I have Xfinity home, TV local channels, High Speed internet.  I am very close to cancelling all and moving to a company that has decent customer service.  So tired of getting the run around and being told I will get a call back and then I hear nothing!

UPDATE: 7-18-2020:   It started working for 4 days and now I am back to the same error message:  Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.  Check out xfinity.com/shop to subscrive today!  So, I am going to basically be paying for a month of a service I am unable to watch!  I need this to be resolved or I am going to cancel all of my services with xfinity.  I do not have time to stay on the phone with numerous different customer service reps going aroung in circles doing the same troubleshooting steps with every new agent I am transferred to...

Highlighted
Official Employee

@MKB8 I'm sorry about your poor experience with Stream, can you please private message me and we'll take a look at your account?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastJonathan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Note: Apologies if your responses are delayed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee on the Identity Product Team and the Serviceability team at HQ.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes. I’ve done that. Still not working with the streaming app. I’m cancelling Xfinity after several years of being with them. Their customer service is the worst. And I’m not going to waste hours on the phone with them for zero results.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Melanie, 

Sorry to hear about your experience! I'm researching your account and it seems like your Xfinity ID is tied to two accounts right now, and that you've set the correct default account. I'll reach out, let me grab some information as this may be a technical issue on our end that I'm reaching out to the Stream product team on.

Thanks

Jonathan

@Mellie4187 wrote:
Yes. I’ve done that. Still not working with the streaming app. I’m cancelling Xfinity after several years of being with them. Their customer service is the worst. And I’m not going to waste hours on the phone with them for zero results.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It’s set to the primary for my current account, still only shows the purchase screen on my tv.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

It started working for 4 days and now I am back to the same error message:  Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.  Check out xfinity.com/shop to subscrive today!  So, I am going to basically be paying for a month of a service I am unable to watch!  I need this to be resolved or I am going to cancel all of my services with xfinity.  I do not have time to stay on the phone with numerous different customer service reps going aroung in circles doing the same troubleshooting steps with every new agent I am transferred to...

Original Post on 7-14-2020

This has been happening to me for 3 weeks.  I have been on the phone with Xfinity no less thank 5+ hours total.  Keep getting transferred and having to explain the issue each time and being made to go through the same steps each time even though I tell the rep I have done this time and time again.  I finally reached an advanced tech support person, same thing!  I was told once that it was an issue for everyone streaming over a TV or Roku and it would be resolved within 48 hours.  That was 2 weeks ago.  The xfinity app has been working on my Roku Express for 1.5 years and then it asks me to login and active my device.  I have done this countless times and have been given at least 4 different ticket numbers.  Each time I call back, I am told the previous ticket was closed?  When I try to authorize again.  I get the same message:  Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed customers without a video subscription.  Check out xfin.tv/shop to subscribe today!

In the lower righ bottom of screen it has:  (error:NA)

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted modemn, at least 5o times. each time I get transferred to another tier of support.  I am told they are sending refreshes to my TV/Account, etc. -I have Xfinity home, TV local channels, High Speed internet.  I am very close to cancelling all and moving to a company that has decent customer service.  So tired of getting the run around and being told I will get a call back and then I hear nothing!

Highlighted
Official Employee

We have teams working on the issue to fix it (it’s most likely us and not you, sorry). The workaround for now might be to go into the My Account Website and create a new user (viewer allows you to create instead of invite). https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses
Make sure you’re selecting the correct linked account - the address with X1 service. Use the new credentials you created and try signing in with it and seeing if it lets you back on.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Help!  How do I PM message you Jonathan for asstiance 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I tried this and it still gives me the same message.  Still doesn't recognize that I pay for the streaming service too.

Highlighted
Official Employee

@MKB8 was that user added/invited to the linked account with X1? 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I only have one account.  I stream through a Roku Express--It worked for 1.5 years.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Ok that sounds like a different issue, let me take a look.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Also just so folks know, I did each out to @doncel24 🙂

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

TLDR: My Xfinity Stream Also won't STREAM! Need help @ComcastJonathan .

Hello - I am having the same issues as everyone else:

Xfinity Stream Beta stopped working - it gives a message of "You haven't purchased anything yet" (see attached picture).  I have a relatively new Samsung TV and the Xfinity Stream Beta service had been working for many months before I noticed the outage in June.

I've tried many times to uninstall app, power off TV for a few minutes, power off / restart Gateway and it doesn't help.  I only have one account and it is set as primary.  I have my own gateway, a Motorola product.  Xfinity Stream works find on my other devices - but I really only want to use it on my Samsung TV!!!Message when loading Xfinity Stream BetaMessage when loading Xfinity Stream Beta

Is there a resolution?  Please PM me @ComcastJonathan for next steps.  I'm not sure what to do next as it seems like this service will not work for me.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi! @ComcastJonathan  helped me to resolve the issue on my 2019 Samsung TV!

What I did to fix:

1) Full uninstall of Xfinity Stream Beta from the APPS -> Settings Gear Icon  (need to go into the APPS screen first instead of just 'removing' the Xfinity Stream Beta app from the main screen.

2) Unplug TV for a few minutes

3) Plug in TV

4) Reinstall Xfinity Stream Beta from APPS

When I re-installed Xfinity Stream Beta, the App took me through the re-activation process, including agreeing to the Terms of Service and getting the Authorization Code and entering it into http://xfinity.com/authorize.  This is how you know that the App was fully uninstalled and flushed from the TV cache.

I am curious if the latest update to this app, on June 1, 2020 is the root cause of the issue.  Maybe something bad in that version.

I hope this helps everyone.  Thanks again @ComcastJonathan 

Highlighted
Official Employee

No problem @brentb82, glad we could fix it so you can focus on what matters- enjoying our services!

For those that want some background, we had a lot of engineers on calls these last few days who got together around the issue and pushed some batch deprovisioning for accounts that we detected issues on (e.g. two residences, one with an X1 and HSD home, or a move/transfer where there was a disconnected account with a new connect), uninstalling also removes the token associated with the app and reauthorization.  

Highlighted
New Poster

One Case Cracked: I also had the problem with the Xfinity Stream app on a Sharp Roku TV that only gave me the Exit App or Sign Out options (not the "You have not purchased anything" screen). I have one account but with 4 associated email addresses. The contact number on email4 was the same as the one on the primary name, email1. This was not a 2FA number.

The Fix: I deleted the contact number for email4. I do not know if it was necessary, but I also deleted and reinstalled the app. Upon restarting the app, the terms and conditions screen came up and the app worked perfectly. As a bonus, Comcast acknowledged on my online account that my modem was connected (which it was but had slow download speeds) and my download speed increased to 240 Mbs. 

Pinging @ComcastJonathan 

Highlighted
Official Employee

@TechTool I'm not sure I'm tracking your explanation, can you better describe your setup? Did you have one account or was it linked across two different accounts/homes? 

Contact points can only be used once on one identity at a time, so I'm not sure how you had the same contact point on two identities.

Highlighted
New Poster

I am not sure how it was set up that way. I think you are correct @ComcastJohnathan that the system currently may not allow a single telephone number to be associated with two identities (email addresses) even on the same account, but apparently that was possible at some point. For example, a single account with email addresses for Mom, Dad, and a couple of kids might be tied to one address and phone number (at least before everyone had their own phone).

I have one account at one address with identies for 4 family members. Occasionally after a power outage, Comcast would not recognize that my modem was online (even though it was) and the Xfinity Stream app only gave me the Exit App or Sign Out options and implied I was not connected to my home WiFi. All other smart TV apps/channels worked. The TV is only connected via WiFi ... no hard wired cable ... although I do have cable service and an Xfinity box connected to another TV the house.

All I know is that after numerous fruitless calls to tech support and system reboots (modem, router, tv), deleting the phone number from the non-primary identity fixed everything.

I can no longer verify how the numbers were set up in each identity, but there was only one phone number. It may have been a contact number in one identity and a 2FA number in the other or possibly a contact number in both.

Highlighted
New Poster

ComcastJonathan - I'm having the same issues with the xfinity stream app.  It worked great for a few months and then I upgraded my speed and router and now the app doesn't work on any of my TV's.  I've tried reinstalling teh app, but it doesn't help.  Can you please help me?

George.

Highlighted
Expert

@ghelmstetter wrote:

ComcastJonathan - I'm having the same issues with the xfinity stream app.  It worked great for a few months and then I upgraded my speed and router and now the app doesn't work on any of my TV's.  I've tried reinstalling teh app, but it doesn't help.  Can you please help me?

George.

did that upgrade include a new gateway/modem?

Highlighted
New Poster

I am having same issue. Stuck on payment screen.
Highlighted
New Poster

Having same issue today, app has worked past year and half onnroku, now giving me that message that I need to be connected o xfinity network.... um it is. Tried unloading and reloading app with no luck. My complaints about Comcast keep growing. Verizon here I mqy be coming soon.....