bgudgel's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, March 28th, 2019 9:00 AM

Closed

Why is my Xfinity Stream data counting towards my data cap?

I am extremely frustrated right now. When signing up for the Xfinity Internet TV package, I was told multiple times that data streamed through the Xfinity Stream app did not county towards my data cap. Three weeks later and I have skyrocketed through my typical data usage and will end the month with roughly 300gb more usage than normal.

What is going on here? Has anyone else had this issue? How can I tell the difference between Xfinity Stream data and all other data? I have spent hours talking to technical support and continue to be given the runaround about our data usage.

Where can I got to see what data is through the app compared to what data is outside the app? The fact that there appears to be no way to fight these overages in outrageous.

(To be clear, I am using the Xfinity Stream app on my home wifi. Not anywhere else.)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@bgudgel wrote:

I am extremely frustrated right now. When signing up for the Xfinity Internet TV package, I was told multiple times that data streamed through the Xfinity Stream app did not county towards my data cap. Three weeks later and I have skyrocketed through my typical data usage and will end the month with roughly 300gb more usage than normal.

What is going on here? Has anyone else had this issue? How can I tell the difference between Xfinity Stream data and all other data? I have spent hours talking to technical support and continue to be given the runaround about our data usage.

Where can I got to see what data is through the app compared to what data is outside the app? The fact that there appears to be no way to fight these overages in outrageous.

(To be clear, I am using the Xfinity Stream app on my home wifi. Not anywhere else.)

to see the counter during the month use the xfinity my account app and touch the internet tab. the local router will see/count the traffic. the use of tvgo channels and tvgo versions of on-demand will count toward your 1 TB CAP.  I did a test and left my roku 'on' a numbered channel for days and the measured traffic on the my account app did not change at all.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the response.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but essentially watching live TV and recorded TV does not count towards the cap, but anything on-demand is going to count?

There should really be a much clearer breakdown of this app somewhere.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@bgudgel wrote:

Thanks for the response.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but essentially watching live TV and recorded TV does not count towards the cap, but anything on-demand is going to count?

There should really be a much clearer breakdown of this app somewhere.

using the app and watching linear channels is not counted. watching on-demand (except TVgo on-demand) does not count. all TVgo channels/on-demand count. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here