tpm985's profile

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

Wednesday, September 9th, 2020 9:00 AM

Closed

Unable to play recordings using Xfinity Stream Portal

Hi,

I've had this problemj for as long as I can remember, but now it's reached a point where I need to do something about it. When I DVR any show using the Xfinity Stream Portal on my laptop, I'm able to record the show, I'm able to access it using the menu, but when I go to play it, I get the same message every time. It goes super slow, it looks like it's loading the show, but that's all it does. It permanently stays in that loading loop and never plays the show. If I leave it there for like a half an hour, it might eventually play some of the audio, but it skips, the visual playback never starts, and it is just a nightmare.

So far I have tried using different browsers, I have tried clearing the cache, but have had no luck whatsoever. I also see that this is an ongoing problem that many people have had, and it's frustrating that the bill is as high as it is, but still nothing gets done about this. Can someone help me?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

Hi @tpm985 

- have you been experiencing any network connection issues while visiting other websites or applications (using the same laptop, at the same location, connected to the same WiFi)?

- are you able to play your recorded shows successsfully using another device or while on another network?

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

I rarely, if ever, have internet connectivity issues. When I try to play the recordings using my ipad, I am  still dealing wiht issues with the programs loading. I'll add that the other day, I was able to play something that was on demand, but still was unable to play a DVR'd show.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

Is there a way that I'm supposed to get help with these kinds of problems? I have.a separate thread created for a different problem I'm having related to Xfinity Stream Portal (channels saying you must watch in home, even though I'm home when I'm doing it). It's nice that there's a forum out there to post questions, but this hardly seems like an efficient way to find help.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@tpm985 wrote:

Is there a way that I'm supposed to get help with these kinds of problems? I have.a separate thread created for a different problem I'm having related to Xfinity Stream Portal (channels saying you must watch in home, even though I'm home when I'm doing it). It's nice that there's a forum out there to post questions, but this hardly seems like an efficient way to find help.

the best first diagnosis is to use a smart phone/tablet and the xfinity Stream TV app while connected to your own home wifi. does that app work for you on the smart device?

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@tpm985 thank you for the followup. I have submitted a ticket for your issue on 9/10, and will keep you updated with its development. To answer your question about other ways to get help for technical difficulties, it would be contacting customer care via telephone.

Contributor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

The problems I'm experiencing are pretty much exactly the same, whether I use my tablet or my laptop while using Xfinity Stream.

Official Employee

• 

196 Messages

4 years ago

@tpm985 hello, I would like to provide some update from the ticket previously mentioned. The team who investigated the issue mentioned that your recordings were deleted because of disk quota before the video playback end time. And this possibly is why you couldnt play the recordings. Would you be able to confirm if that is or is not the case? If you are able to resolve the disk quota issue, but still can't play recordings, please let us know. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here