RStagner's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, March 29th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Safari and Streaming

Safari 13.1, which uses Adobe Flash(most current version in use, Xfinity is only stream that requires me to use Flash).  If I open Safari, go to Xfinity Stream, and then open another tab in Safari, do anything etc, go back to stream, it refreshes after about 2 seconds with no input other that getting the fous on the streaming tab.  Spoke with Apple support.  Not a known issue.  My Macbook Pro version of Catalina is 10.15.4.  This worked as I would expect prior to an auto update on Catalina.  As a course of troubleshooting, I tried on my new IMac, Catalina 10.15.3 with the exact procedure of, open Xfinity Stream, open another Safari tab, read whatever, go back to Xfinity Stream, no issue.   Does not affect other streaming sites in Safari.  Ok so i went a step further and loaded Firefox.  No issue.  Apple is making engineering aware.  Has Xfinity seen this too?  It is like it has to re-establish a connection with login info for a page/tab already running.  Just an annoyance, and I want to use the native Safari over any other browser.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have the exact same problem. Worked with Apple Support and they elevated the issue to their Tech team. They will be following up with me on April 16.

Good to see that I am not the only one as they were leaning toward it being a user account issue.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Of course Apple says not our problem, but the fact is that everything worked fine until the Apple Update was installed. This was a very lame Update on their part.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I’m having the same problem on my iMac after updating Catalina.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

I have been wondering for over 3 years now about this.

I noticed when I updated to macOS 10.13 I started getting broken code sent to Safari (seems like the site reads 10.13+ as 10.1 and so a 480 video hits the CPU hard when I can stream a 1080 video on anohter site and the CPU usage is under 8%.  Chrome gets lets Chrome code but when I try to mask as Chrome there seems to be Chroimum only coding rather than the feature detction they should be using.

I have to force the video playe to use low quality so I don't hear the fans due to the old code on the site.  I looked at some of the site code and it is browser sniffing for Netscape or Windows 3.11 amoung others.  Still see the same bug in 10.15.x  I have have reported it to Comcast mulipule times, sent photos and videos of the bug and still not been fixed.  Other browsers are getting a HTML 5 video player and Safari is stuck with a video player that runs like Flash Player on Mac OS X from 2003 performance (extremely bad).

I have also let Apple know.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

same here having same issue.  if you could let me know if you figure out how to correct this that would be great!

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Same here... on Safari, everytime I click another tab I have to login again before i can resume watching streaming tv/video. So irritating!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here.   Running Catalina 10.15.4 currently.  Problem started recently,  must have been with the last Catalina update.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same issue.  Only started today as streaming was functional yesterday.  No Apple updates installed within that time frame. Error TVAPP-00210

Customer Service Diagnostics

Build number 9

OS Mac OS 10.14.5

Browser Safari 12.1.1

Flash version 32.0.0

Status in home

Entitlements clinear, tve-vod, cvod, tve-linear, est, transactions

Last fingerprint cloudtv_web_polymer_5.19.1_prod_1589XXXXXXXXX_XXXX

Stream provider primetime

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same problem.  Xfinity tech support had me clear history.  Worked for a few days, and now it is happening again.  

Does antbody act on these posts?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Note: I cleared my History but that didn't seem to work, so I decided to check out preferences.

This worked for me:

1. Go to the Safari menu (top left) and select "Preferences..".

2. Click on the "Advanced" tab.

3. Deselect (uncheck) "Stop plug-ins to save power"

4. Make sure that Xfinity.com is set to on in the Websites tab, for the Adobe Flash Player. (update Adobe Flash Player if it hasnt been updated in a while -- I did not update mine v32....

5. Restart Safari; and go check the streaming for your channels. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

SUCCESS!!! Hope it lasts... 😉

I surmised this might be a flash issue with the latest mac-os update to Catalina 10.15.4 after seeing FLASH icon appearing between every re-sign on. So I unistalled flash and reinstalled the latest version (selected by my mac), and it worked! No more closing of the xfinity streaming app, I can now move seamlessly between streaming and other websites and back! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Set Flash Player to auto update in the Adobe Flash Player preference pane.

You have to allow Flash Player on the site as Safari users are sent an acient video player (I found that it reads macOS 10.13 and higher as 10.1 (reported that to Comcast about 3 years ago).

Other browser get a sitghtly broken HTML5 video player (Chroiumum DRM spikes as much as the website tab playing the content)

Should note that Comcast has less than a few months before browsers remove Adobe Flash Player support and Adobe has a EOL date for Flash Player near end of the year.

I can stream 1080 HD and 4k on other sites with no CPU spike but I can't even stream 360 resoution without a 80%+ CPU spike on the site due to broken old code.  The code on the xfinity site runs like it was last updated for IE6 in about 2004.

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can not open another tab while watching Xfinity Stream Live TV in either Chrome or Safari

If I open a new tab in either Chrome or Safari while I have Xfinity Stream Live TV going… The Xfinity Stream Live TV logs off.

It [Edited: "Language"] cause a lot of time I will be watching a live baseball game and I open another tab to look up stats and the Xfinity Stream Live TV  logs off.

I noticed this issue started right before the pandemic started.

I am currently on macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
Using the following browsers… Safari 14.1 and Chrome Version 90.0.4430.212 

I still think once Flash was discontinued… Comcast/Xfinity have still to figure out the coding side of things.
When they were using the Flash plug in there were no issues.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

This has been an ongoing problem and still is, I updated my MacOS and it started again. I have switched to Chrome until xfinity and apple get their [Edited: "Language"] together. So unfortunate neither one will fix this ongoing problem!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This is still an issue running on the latest Mac OS Big Sur....Not sure when it started but it has been a few years now. I open up Google Chrome and run it on that just fine but it still doesn't answer the question of why it doesn't work on Safari.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_f741ff The streaming platform is not verified on all browser options. There are licensing agreements and modifications that must be made for each one. If you have Safari 10, which is supported, here is how to get this resolved:https://comca.st/3jSXYlD;

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here