Community Forum

Removing Unauthorized Users from Streaming

Highlighted
New Poster

Removing Unauthorized Users from Streaming

I've called twice and chatted with an agent and all 3 times no one has been able to remove unauthorized devices from streaming. I've reset my password and when I check Manage Devices I can see the unauthorized Roku 3 streaming as I type. There has GOT to be a way to kick these people out of my account and stop them from using my TV Stream.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Removing Unauthorized Users from Streaming

Try going to your Xfinity Wifi , from there just pause there device ,that will cut out any problems.

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

@cheetosanchez wrote:
I've called twice and chatted with an agent and all 3 times no one has been able to remove unauthorized devices from streaming. I've reset my password and when I check Manage Devices I can see the unauthorized Roku 3 streaming as I type. There has GOT to be a way to kick these people out of my account and stop them from using my TV Stream.

Does this help?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/manage-wifi-devices-my-account

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

@cheetosanchez wrote:

did you create a new username for the person to use or signed in for them? the procedure is different in removing access.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Unfortunately a roommate logged into the account on someone else's device to watch a show but never logged out. Super annoying.
Highlighted
Expert

@cheetosanchez wrote:
Unfortunately a roommate logged into the account on someone else's device to watch a show but never logged out. Super annoying.

did your roommate have their own email/username that you created on your account or did he use your account?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

They used my account. I've since created an account for them to use.
Highlighted
Expert

@cheetosanchez wrote:
They used my account. I've since created an account for them to use.

you will need to change your account password (not wifi password). if you wish to stop the one with an account from being able to login you will have to change their settings to restricted (only email). when you are ready,  call 800-Comcast, ask for technical support for Cable TV, then ask that agent to transfer your call to the app support team. ask the app support team member to deprovision all of your streaming devices once that is done, each authorized user will have to sign in and accept terms and conditions on each streaming device.