sandyandy's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, November 1st, 2011 10:00 AM

Closed

ROKU, HBO GO

I have HBO GO on the computer and on my iPad.  I really want it on Roku, too.  Any chance of that???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@Zordar wrote:

I just got an email that there were a bunch of new posts, but they seem to have been deleted, why?

Any this thread is over a year old, with almost 900 posts, and almost 41,000 views.  That is the most views of any help topic on these boards.  Why isn't the support team posting in this thread?  ComcastJoe, where are you?

41,000 views!  That could be 41,000 accounts of future customers, angry current customers, and customers who dropped Comcast already.  Doesn't anybody at Comcast really care about this?

Answering your questions in order (and this one may be deleted as well):

1. It seems most posts that mention that a user has already left Comcast and went to a provider that offers services that are not available with Comcast (such as the HBO Go on Roku) wind up getting deleted.

2. Comcast does not care.  They don't intend to offer Roku HBO Go to their customers. Roku allows a relatively seamless method to watch the programming on your television without using a Comcast box. The fact that the Comcast box does not offer the same level of programming is not relevant.  They want to control your experience, part of that control is that you can only "authorize" three devices to watch Comcast content on, and they can't limit Roku to be one of those devices.  They want to control your experience, not allow you to control your own.  I suggest you find another provider, believe me the grass really IS greener on the other side.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I don't think Direct TV allows it either...

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

If you have AT&T U-Verse in your area they authorize HBO Go for the Roku. I just got it installed on Friday and everything works great. And it's great being able to use HBO Go on my TV. Much better than the HBO library that Comcast offers on Demand.

Contributor

• 

65 Messages

11 years ago

That's correct that Direct TV doesn't support Roku either, but they DO support HBO go on Samsung TVs. So Comcast is the ONLY major provider to block HBO go on both those popular platforms.

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Go with DISH, best DVR and they love the Roku plus use Sling to stream TV to your tablet for free.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

How do we get HBOgo support for streaming devices like ROKU?  I really want to take advantage of seeing HBO content via this external device.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Why do they call this the comcast help and support forum when there is no help or support from comcast?

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

11 years ago

Why do they call this the comcast help and support forum when there is no help or support from comcast?

Because Comcast doesn't care about us!!  Best bet is to compalin on Facebook and Twitter where more will see what a monster they are. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I pay for my HBO subscription like everyone else in the country. Why can't I have HBO Go on my Roku?! Comcast's crappy On Demand service doesn't even offer half of the content that HBO Go offers. I do not have a separate cable box for every TV in the house (that's why I bought the Rokus) and Comcast has the nerve to block my HBO Go? I'm seriously considering canceling cable altogether. Roku has done nothing but make my life more enjoyable and convenient. Comcast seems to think it is its mission to force me to watch content on their terms. I am the consumer. I demand, you supply, or I will find someone who will (Hulu Plus and Netflix come to mind...) I refuse to plan my life around live TV just because Cable providers and content creators refuse to adapt their business models. Try to force consumers to buy your products on your terms and go the way of every other company who tried that in history, gentlemen.

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

11 years ago

AT&T uverse and verizon have roku hbo go, so if you live in those areas and your contract is not locked in, you could switch to one of those, check the hbo go site to see which companies support which devices.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

11 years ago

I was in a contract, and I didn't care. It was worth the paying the penalty to get out of it and now being able to take full-advantage of my HBO subcription through AT&T U-Verse.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I agree 100% comcast should be providing HBO GO on ROKU

New Poster

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

HBOGo offers more. For example, you can watch Boardwalk Empire in HBOGo now-but no on On-Demand.

Regular Contributor

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

Comcast please remember the customer service adage "for every one customer who complains there are 100 or more who do not"

Contributor

• 

362 Messages

11 years ago

@Sfred wrote:

HBOGo offers more. For example, you can watch Boardwalk Empire in HBOGo now-but no on On-Demand.

On Comcast, that is true. On Dish, everthing on HBOGo is also available On-Demand. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here