Community Forum

Only Able to View To Go Channels on Home Network

Highlighted
New Poster

Only Able to View To Go Channels on Home Network

For the past three weeks, since Xfinity performed maintenance in my area, I am only able to view TV GO channels on my home network. The problem has been troubleshooted ad nauseam, with no success. Any advice?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Only Able to View To Go Channels on Home Network

@AngryStreamUser wrote:

For the past three weeks, since Xfinity performed maintenance in my area, I am only able to view TV GO channels on my home network. The problem has been troubleshooted ad nauseam, with no success. Any advice?

let's try to step through the problem. first, using a smart device run the Xfinity My Account app. sign in, go to the internet tab. is one ore more than one modem/gateway shown there? (reply with that information). if just one, touch that gateway and note the 'serial number shown'. compare it to the HFC MAC ADDRESS number on the labels on your own gateway/modem. are they the exact same when comparing them character by character?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Have you tried rebooting your modem or gateway? Sometimes, maintenance causes it to get confused and a reboot helps refresh the database that authorizes what is 'your' network.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you for responding. Frankly, I have lost count of the number of times I have restarted my modem, which is why I believe there is an internal issue that's probably very easy to fix. I received a message from xfinity stating that my issue has been added to an advanced ticket. This begins week 4 with this problem.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @AngryStreamUser we filed a ticket for this issue to the proper team, and your account has been refreshed. Please let us know if this issue persists.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!