Community Forum

Multiple Recordings

Highlighted
New Poster

Multiple Recordings

Is there a limit to how many shows the beta service will record at a time? It is t recording all of shows. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Multiple Recordings

@Wethenorth wrote:

Is there a limit to how many shows the beta service will record at a time? It is t recording all of shows. 

depends on your installed equipment in the home. what equipment do you have in your home (by model number) (do voice 'about' and reply with each box's rest of the line after 'STB version'.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I don’t have any devices. I only use xfinity streaming on Roku. I have a 20 limit for memory but even if there is enough space it doesn’t record all of the shows I have set for the night. 

Highlighted
Expert

@Wethenorth wrote:

I don’t have any devices. I only use xfinity streaming on Roku. I have a 20 limit for memory but even if there is enough space it doesn’t record all of the shows I have set for the night. 

it sounds like you have instant TV (two tuner 20 hours DVR. if you add any time to start/end then a tuner is not available for recording at the same time) for example you have a 7:00 to 8:00 recording with added 3 minutes at end. that prevents that tuner from recording an 8:00 start time. if you are watching a live channel (not a recording) then you only have one tuner to record (that is my current understanding). with one DVR in the home you have 6 tuners to record (or 5 to record and one to watch).

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you. That’s what I wondering. I didn’t know it was only 2 tuner. Appreciate your help.